Tuesday, May 14th, 2013
In case you missed my Instagrams of all the noms of the Napa music festival held May 8-12, here are the highlights:
– Fork Catering’s Pork Belly Taco with Fried Egg was Best in Show.
– Awful Falafel’s line was the longest. For good reason.
– Ken Frank of La Toque is one of the coolest chefs ever because A. He actually showed up at his own booth. B. Just talk to him about foie gras sometime.
– Huitlacoche tacos were probably the weirdest and most interesting thing (to eat) at the festival. (La Condessa)
– Never underestimate the power of strawberry shortcake on a hot day (Backyard).
– Morimoto’s tent had the precision and cleanliness you’d expect from a world-class chef. They even wiped the wax paper hot dog holder before handing it to me. Damn.
– A tiny shake is better than no shake (Gott’s)
– $200 is not enough money to eat your way through BottleRock.
– You never know who’ll sit down at your table and help you eat. And eat. And eat. (Hey Renee!)