Friday, January 31st, 2014
WANTED: Please Help The Devoto Family Find Land
URGENT Need for 50 Acre Lease to Plant Heritage Apples & Stay in Business Locally (Sonoma County, CA)
CropMobster Nick Papadopoulos is once again putting out a 911 to the food community to help Sonoma’s largest producer of ciders made with locally grown apples continue their business.
What they need? 50 acres of land to lease and grow heirloom apples. (They’ll pay rent and do the land stewardship)
Let’s all see if we can get the word out to help the Devotos...
Here are some more details…
- They need ideas, connections and community support
- They are unable to afford to buy land at this time. The ideal solution and wish come true would be to lease 50 acres for planting heirloom apples in Sonoma County
- Note: it doesn’t have to be one big parcel – each can be as small as 9 acres
- The challenge is finding a 25-30 year lease.
- The Devotos will build a fence, a well and replant the orchard– all at their cost – and pay the land-owner a good rent every year
- They are stewards of the land – and will turn your property into a beautiful, thriving organic farm
Don’t have land? Help out by sharing
If you have land, leads, tips or suggestions please contact Hunter Wade ASAP at firstname.lastname@example.org