New Year’s Eve
Saturday, December 27th, 2008
A lot of people ask me where to go out on New Year’s Eve. My honest answer: Your living room.
Because as much as I absolutely adore going out to eat, there are two nights I won’t set foot in a restaurant–New Year’s Eve and Valentine’s Day. Call me stuffy, but being surrounded by a lot of boozed-up strangers counting the minutes to midnight just isn’t my idea of big fun. Boozed up friends and family are quite another story. Plus, I need the extra time at home to work on my resolutions.
For those of you willing to endure the crowds, sequins and silly party hats, there are some tasty options still available. Here are some best bets….
- Santi will host a New Year’s Eve dinner and celebration. Details
- Farmhouse Inn: 4-course prix-fixe menu at 1st seating 5:30-7pm ($95/person), and a 5-course prix fixe at 2nd seating 7:30pm-close ($125/person). Reserve a seat
- Madrona Manor: 7-course prix fixe with live music and dancing, ($150/person). A non-refundable pre-payment is required and will be charged upon reserving. Non-cancellable. Make a reservation.
- Stark’s Steakhouse will serve their usual menu. Make a reservation
- Syrah: A 4-course prix-fixe menu ($75/person, wine paring: $35). Make a reservation
- Restaurant Eloise: Celebrating the New Year with caviar, Maine lobster, & foie gras. 4-course menu: $70; 5-course menu w. a champagne toast ($100). Make a reservation.
- Meritage Martini Oyster Bar & Grille: Featuring a special 6-course limited menu. Dance the night away to the music of The Jami Jamison Band the best undiscovered Blues and Jazz singer of the Bay Area. Make a reservation
- Barndiva: an exquisite seven course Prix Fixe menu ($125) or order a la carte from our new GastroBar Menu for the ultimate in comfort…Charcuterie Platters, Pot Pies, Steak Frites and decadent desserts. Details
- Zazu Restaurant rings in the New Year with a three-course dinner for $69. Details