Chewy Chocolate Oatmeal Delights
1 cup of softened butter
2 cups of flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon of salt
1 tablespoon of cinnamon
1 cup sugar
1 cup PACKED brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
3 cups quick cook oatmeal.
2 tablespoons of unsweetened cocoa
Mini marshmallows and 1/4 cup of butter for gooey center
1. In a medium bowl, cream together butter, white sugar, and brown sugar. Beat in eggs one at a time.
2. Combine flour, baking soda, salt, cocoa, and cinnamon; stir into the creamed mixture. Mix in oats. Cover, and chill dough for at least one hour. (This will help keep the cookies soft after they are baked)
3. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Grease cookie sheets. Roll the dough into walnut sized balls, and place 2 inches apart on cookie sheets. Flatten each cookie with a large fork dipped in sugar. the cookies get much bigger, so make sure they are about 2 inches apart.
4. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in preheated oven. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
5. When the cookies have cooled, heat marshmallows and butter in nonstick saucepan until completely melted and smooth. remove from burner and let cool for about a minute. take a cookie and turn it upside down. Spread a couple spoonfuls onto bottom of cookie, then, put another cookie on top of that. If you are not fond of marshmallow, the cookies themselves are great.