Quantcast

Pasta King Art Ibleto opening Art’s Place in Rohnert Park

Author: | posted 01/30/13 | Print This Post Print This Post |
Art Ibleto will open Art's Place in Rohnert Park (courtesy of Art's Place)

Art Ibleto will open Art’s Place in Rohnert Park (courtesy of Art’s Place)

Pasta King Art Ibleto has taken over the former Seasons Sports Bar in Rohnert Park with plans to open a family-style trattoria in late February.

Art’s Place will be a joint venture with his wife, Victoria, and daughter, Annette, and family friends Greg and Wendy Kalemba. The menu will be a mix of traditional Ibleto-favorites like polenta, minestrone, pesto and marinara along with wood-fired pizzas, sandwiches, burgers and specialty entrees.

“We’re featuring Art’s food,” said Wendy Kalemba, adding that the family-operation will also include brother Angelo Ibleto’s focaccia. The vibe will be family-friendly with lunch and dinner served seven days a week. The restaurant will serve beer and wine.

Ibleto, 86, continues to run his Pasta King catering business and sauce empire and will being “making regular appearances” at the restaurant, said Kalemba.

“He just puts us all to shame with how hard he still works,” she added.

Art’s Place, opening soon at 563 Rohnert Park Expressway, Rohnert Park.

Find more restaurants tagged: |

27 Responses

1. Tom O'Doul March 11, 2013 at 5:20 pm #

Been to Art’s. Very good with a great beer selection. (i’m Irish) Keep up the good work. The polenta is awesome. My new Monday place.

2. Toffer February 11, 2013 at 6:32 pm #

Very anxious and excited for Art’s Place to open already! Just please, please have outstanding customer service, that is such an important factor. Seems as though that is NOT JUST ONE of my main criteria, most others have been saying they wouldn’t go back if the food was great, but not the service.

3. Jessica February 4, 2013 at 11:55 am #

This is the best news ever! I truck down huge containers of Art’s frozen pesto to LA every time I visit the north. Can’t wait to try the restaurant next time I’m up!

4. Andrea February 2, 2013 at 8:19 pm #

auguri!

5. Reg February 2, 2013 at 4:19 pm #

had art’s food at a buffet in a forestville restaurant. it was some of the worst buffet food i’ve ever had. …just being honest.

• BD February 6, 2013 at 8:17 am #

Reg, I have to agree with you 100%. I know Art has supported the community, etc. but darnit—his food is just not that good. Each and every time I’ve had it it tastes like mass produced stuff you’d get at a spaghetti feed fundraiser.

• Tom Neal March 15, 2013 at 12:08 pm #

Greasy, overcooked and bland. I don’t get the interest. Not sure why press gives him so much attention.

6. Leanna January 31, 2013 at 5:18 pm #

Art and Vicky,

I wish you both great success with your new venture of a locally owned and operated family restaurant. You both have given so much back to our community in times of great need providing pasta and more for so many fundraisers. You are both wonderful examples for others to follow in searching what the true meaning of community is. Best to you both, your family, friends and employee’s that will gather and assist in making this new restaurant a success.

7. Jen Z January 31, 2013 at 4:54 pm #

Love Art & his food!!! I have since I was a little girl…his pesto is my favorite & every year I have to go to the fair just to get Pasta King, (I could really care less about much else there!) I am so excited to try his new restaurant!

• bradpipal February 1, 2013 at 12:05 pm #

Try shopping at Ibleto’s off of StonyPoint Rd. I do. They have the best in the BayArea.

8. MrJasmo January 31, 2013 at 2:15 pm #

Hopefully the pizza is just as good as Seasons. I imagine the wood fire stove is still there?

9. Caller January 31, 2013 at 8:56 am #

He should call the place Pasta King!

10. Amber January 30, 2013 at 8:08 pm #

I’m super excited about this! Mary’s has gone downhill. Rohnert Park needs a good Italian restaurant!

11. Jane January 30, 2013 at 7:20 pm #

Rohnert Park can really use this. With the exception of Take for Sushi – the BEST – all we have since the demise of Latitude is chains, taqueria’s, pizza and Chinese. Adding another locally owned restaurant that serves up good food is long overdue!! Hoping this wonderfully generous family prospers!

• EZ February 1, 2013 at 1:04 pm #

Dont forget the great Thai food next to Big 5 in RP

12. yayoy January 30, 2013 at 7:10 pm #

Very giving, generous guy He gave to my child’s school and church. I am very hopeful that your business will thrive for generations. As the saying goes, “You reep what you sow.”

13. Chris from Santa Rosa January 30, 2013 at 6:28 pm #

Oh man, I’ve had their pesto sauce – unbelievably good! Rohnert Park, I envy you.

14. ER January 30, 2013 at 6:11 pm #

Good news! Love his food so I’m sure his restaurant will be great!

15. Kim January 30, 2013 at 6:02 pm #

Hands-down one of the best locally owned businesses there is. Keep us posted on opening day news, because we want to be there to show our support. Any time a friend or family member had experienced the loss of a loved one, I always bring food for the family from Pasta King. They are always so incredibly accommodating and just the nicest people you could ever hope to meet. I wish them nothing but the best and am thrilled to see some vacant retail space being filled in Rohnert Park. Our daughters LOVE their pesto pasta, so this will be our new “go to” restaurant…CAN’T WAIT! Congratulations, Pasta King!!!

16. Derek January 30, 2013 at 5:51 pm #

What a great guy. He still delivers his products personally to Raley’s, and even fills the shelf him self!

17. Denise January 30, 2013 at 5:41 pm #

You can’t see me but I have an ear to ear SMILE :)

18. susan January 30, 2013 at 5:24 pm #

I bet the line will be just like at the fair…long. Wonderful food, wonderful family too. They give so much to the community.

• susan January 30, 2013 at 5:35 pm #

And one more thing, I bet the comments will never have to be removed from being mean about Art. He is one loved person in our community.

19. Bob January 30, 2013 at 4:21 pm #

Nice to see a popular local business owner expand. Hope it goes well.

20. Sal January 30, 2013 at 4:01 pm #

Sounds yummy…does anyone know what happened to Luigi? He disappeared off the face of the earth…is she still working for Art?

• Sal January 30, 2013 at 4:02 pm #

Sorry…wrong pronoun there…I meant “he” Ha!

• Sal January 31, 2013 at 8:49 am #

Yeah, good food indeed. I’ve been having a hankering for some of his polenta (with the yummy marinara sauce!).