Sorry for the quick post here (I’m in two weeks of digital training, 8 hours a day), but this was so important that I wanted to make sure it got out to BiteClubbers asap.
I try not to overwhelm readers with every Kickstart campaign, “vote for my recipe” and “help this person”, but this situation really tugged at my heartstrings. Here’s the story…
A West Marin family, the Porrata-Powells, were recently told their four-year-old son, EZ (Zeke) had Stage 4 cancer. As if that wasn’t enough of a heartbreak, EZ’s father, Roneil, died unexpectedly in his sleep just two weeks ago. And now, mom Alex and her two children are struggling to make ends meet and help EZ with his diagnosis.
To help out, several local farms and ranches are raising funds for the family. Victorian Farmstead, Tara Firma Farms and BN Ranch have launched the “EZ Pound of Ground” Fundraiser (details below), with 100% of proceeds supporting the Roneil Powell Memorial Fund.
In the first four days they have sold 32 EZ Pounds for $20 each. They’ve also received over $800 in donations, leaving many more EZ Pounds to sell! That’s over $1400 that will go to Alex and her kids. If you can’t afford to donate you can still help. PLEASE SHARE THIS LINK OR THE ONE ONFACEBOOK! It might just reach someone who can help, and every EZ Pound matters.
“Mother and children are being put through a series of tests of courage and character that will make you question everything you know to be true,” said Adam Parks of Victorian Farmstead.
I’m going to let Adam’s kind words (he also lost a child to a rare disease) explain further.
- VF and TF are each putting 100 one pound packs of ground beef up for sale for $20 each available now. BN Ranch is adding in in 100 one pound packs of ground turkey available starting in a week.
- 100% of this money will go to Alex and her kids.
- You can make your purchase at the Victorian Farmstead new butcher shop newCommunity Market in Sebastopol. Or, starting February 8th, stop by any of our farmers markets (details on right hand side of this website).
- If you want to help and we are either sold out or you would like turkey, we will give you an IOU card for your $20 this weekend. All you have to do is ask for a “pound of ground for Alex”
- You can also pay online and recieve an IOU via our PAYPAL