My boyfriend a cookie lover but allegeric to raisins, so I came up with this as an alternative to the traditional Oatmeal Raisin Cookie. It is now his all time favorite cookie. Enjoy! — Christina Conklin
Cherry Toffee Oatmeal
· 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
· 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
· 1 teaspoon baking soda
· 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
· 1/2 teaspoon salt
· 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
· 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
· 1/2 cup sugar
· 2 large eggs
· 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla burbon extract
· 1 3/4 cup Old-Fashioned Rolled Oats
· 1 1/4 cup Heath toffee bits
· 1 cup dried cherries (I like the dried tart cherries, but any will do)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheets parchment paper.
In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt; set aside. Mix butter and sugars in an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add the eggs and vanilla, and beat to combine. With the mixer on low, slowly add flour mixture and beat until fully mixed. Stir in oats, toffee and cherries.
Drop 1 tablespoon of dough at a time about 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheets. Bake until lightly golden brown, 10 to 12 minutes.